Blackjack is a mastodon of gambling world with millions of fans from all over the world. The game is a great combination of quite simple rules and exciting emotions together with great portions of received adrenaline.
The main thing to know about Blackjack rules is that a gambler needs to collect 21 points, or, at least, to have a hand with better combination than the opponents have. But, of course, the gameplay doesn’t come down to such a primitive goal. The process of the game is accompanied by an opportunity to place specific bets and to make various steps to increase winning chances or to avoid losing the funds.
Betting rules for Blackjack
Before starting to play Blackjack a gambler needs to get the values of used cards. Thus, cards from 2 to 10 are equal to their face values; Jacks, Queens and Kings are 10 points cards and Ace can be calculated as one or eleven points, depending on every specific table situation.
Before a banker deals the cards, a player is to place a bet that shouldn’t be more or less than a table’s high or low limits. When the bet is made, a gambler receives 2 cards, and after the calculation the following decision is made, whether to take another card or to stand. After a player has made the decision, a dealer starts the turn, where it’s necessary to take cards till the amount is 17 points or more. When the steps are made, the winner is defined.
Every gambler has an opportunity to place additional bets, and the basic of them are listed below.
- Double. A gambler can multiply by two the first bet, when there are 2 starting cards with the amount fewer than 21 points. If the bet is made, the third card is dealt and the result is compared with a dealer’s result.
- Split. If a player has two cards of the same value, it’s a chance to split them into two boxes, by placing an additional bet that is equal to the starting bet.
- Insurance. If the first dealer’s card is Ace, a gambler can use an “insurance option”, by making an additional bet, where the size is the half of a starting bet. This turn is a winning one with odds 2:1, if a dealer has Blackjack. In the contrary case, insurance doesn’t work and a player losses the money.
- Surrender. A player can use this option, if the starting hand seems to be a losing one. In this case, the half of the starting bet is taken by a casino.
Thus, the Blackjack rules doesn’t only come down to the necessity to collect 21 points. All participants have a great opportunity to place additional bets, which can lead to higher winnings.
Blackjack rules – peculiarities of dealer split option
Split bet is the most interesting stake with multifarious courses of actions. It is a starting hand with 2 cards of the same rank. And a player gets an opportunity to split cards into two separate hands. Of course, it’s only a player’s decision whether to split cards or not, but the below given recommendations can become a very useful guide, especially for beginners.
- Aces and Eights should always be split.
- Tens, Fours and Fives should never be split.
- Twos, Threes and Sevens should be split, if the first dealer’s card is from 2 to 7.
- Nines should be split, if the first dealer’s card is from 2 to 6 or 8 and 9.
- Sixes should be split, if the first dealer’s card is from 2 to 6.
When the basic Blackjack rules, including betting system’s peculiarities are learned by heart, anyone who will take the trouble meets the opened doors to this amazing and exciting world of the game.